This spiced negroni is the perfect chaperone to a good winter weekend!
Author: The Gin Boutique
This spiced negroni is the perfect chaperone to a good winter weekend! If you love cherries, and love dark chocolate , this little number from the Gin Boutique is for you…
1. Source the best chocolate cherries you can find! (or make a cherry brownie, or try cherry infused chocolate – but Cadbury Cherry Ripe is the absolute last resort ok?)
2. Peel wide zest strips from your oranges (see step 4), and set aside.
3. In a jug, add 5 parts dry Australian craft gin, 5 parts Martini Rosso, and 4 parts Campari.
4. Squeeze enough fresh OJ (blood orange is best, navel is good) to add 3-5 parts juice, and add to the jug. Always under-do the OJ to start.
5. Pop in 2 whole cloves for every 50ml of Australian craft gin. Stir.
6. Let the jug mixture ‘marinate’ for at least 30 mins to give those cloves time to work their magic.
7. To a tumbler, add ice, a strip or two of orange zest garnish, and pour your new best friend from the jug.
Curl up with your best friends by a warm open fire and bask in its glory!
Your welcome. Have a great and safe long weekend!