Hola damas y caballeros
Author: The Gin Boutique
Hola damas y caballeros – Recently, we featured the amazing Santamania range of Spanish gins as a special treat for Aussie gin lovers from The Gin Boutique - but... ...you don't have to go all the way to (channel your Rafel Nadel) Bathelona to get the classic Spanish-style G'n'T.
Try this baby for something truly Mediterranean! The very cool, very dry, very classy Ginebra Sabrosa... Steps:
1. Fill a really large wine glass, or if you have it a copa de balon, with plenty of large ice cubes - go on, really over do it here.
2. Rub a luscious lemon twist around the rim (this is essential to unlock the lemon zest oils) and throw it into the glass.
3. Do the same with a rosemary sprig.
4. Add a pinch of sea salt, a single caper berry with stem (or 3 capers will do), and a mild Spanish split olive.
5. Add 60ml of an Australian (or Spanish) dry craft gin (did you know that you should always add your garnish to the glass first, and then add the gin? It’s the only way to truly unlock the flavour - anything else is pure art).
6. Add 90 - 120ml of the best plain tonic water you can lay your hands on.
7. Gently stir.
Decir "Gracias Hombre". Canta. Amor. Ole!